Communities

Communities of practice were a very unfamiliar thing to me before reading this article. It took me a while to grasp onto the concept and then it hit me. It was something I had been doing my entire life.                 The friend group I made out of the kids that’s mothers would sit together at swim meets, or the shared google doc for my chemistry class where we would discuss homework, where to meet to study, and even laugh about something funny that happened in class in the instant messaging section and then the document where we shared notes. If we look around these groups are made and formed by the minute. They can be there to collaborate, share information, or even for a laugh. These similar groups have been the start of great things like the two examples in the article, Xerox and Chrysler, two major companies that have benefits juristically from such grouping. Collaboration and putting our minds together can add so much to the world around us.  
https://static.pexels.com/photos/53958/team-motivation-teamwork-together-53958.jpeg

Comments

  1. I definitely agree with you, Emma! While the article may have provided a textbook definition of a group, we're actually involved in these types groups in our every day lives. I like how you used an example of the kids you used to play with when you were young. They were probably the kids of you mom's friends, or kids from the neighborhood you lived in growing up. It is a group you participated in, even though you may or may not have volunteered to be a part of it. Depending on if your mom had you play because she was meeting with her friends, it might have been a type of planned group. I like how you talked about using a Google doc too! We as college students are grouping and collaborating all the time in our every day lives. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma
    I completely agree with you. I think that you did a great job here. Communicating and collaborating with others is definitely the one of the important parts of our life. I could not even imagine life without interacting with other people. Personally, I think collaborating is the skill that everyone should have in our society.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Updates on out Wiki "Stub"

WikiWiki

Civil inattention